For those who are in favor for photography, they always choose the famous brand of cameras such as Nikon, Canon, and Sonny. These manufacturers often bring the highest quality of the camera that the users never need to worry anything. For me, Canon EOS 70D is the very great product from Canon which is the fresh step from the Rebel series of Canon. However, the only camera is not enough to shoot the great video and photos, so you need to find the best lenses for Canon 70D.
Canon 70D comes with a variety of useful function such as 20.2 mg image sensor, 19 focus points, video with full HD 1080p, weather sealing, and the flip out screen. If these features can be combined with the best lenses, the quality of picture and photography experiences will increase surprisingly. In this article, I want to provide you the useful information about the best lens for Canon 70D for you.
Best Lens For Canon 70D To Buy 2017
1. Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens – Wide angle lens
The design of this lens is extremely fit your Canon camera; it comes with a lot of necessary characters. Because of the APS- C sensor, it completely is the perfect choice for wide angle camera. Besides, being one of the best zoom lenses for Canon 70D with the EF-S ultra wide zoom lens. Especially, on the 35mm camera but the focal length up to 16 – 28.8 mm and has the maximum aperture about 4 – 5, 6. From the above function, it is recommended for traveling, video recording and everyday photography. This is a affordable wide angle lens for Canon 70D that you can buy.
- Manual focus with full time
- Sharp and have four stops of image stabilization for taking quicker shutter speed.
- Have seven blade apertures.
- Not great for low light with f4.5 or focal lens
- The plastic construction decreases the level of duration.
2. Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR wide angle lens
This model has the superior to the above 10 – 18mm lens from the image quality to the low light performance. With 10-22 mm wide angle zoom lens and f/3,5 – 4,5 maximum aperture, it can be the best wide angle for Canon 70D. Especially, it can produce the natural highlight by circular aperture design and plus to the ring type USM makes it fast and silent along with the full-time manual focus.
The manufacturers give 1-year warranty to ensure the quality of the product. For the professional photographers, this is really the wonderful choice while 10 – 18mm will be better and lighter for the beginner. With no doubt, this is one of the best lens for canon 70D that will not make you dissapointed.
- Lightweight and compact size.
- Simple turning ring
- Superior AF performance and speed
- Close focusing up to 9.5 inches.
- Extremely flare resistant even when having no hood
- Quite expensive
- Lens does come with the hood, so you have pay for buying extra
- Quite soft in the corner at 10mm
3. Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5.6 IS STM telephoto lens
This model is the best telephoto lens for 70D which is kind of APS-C format camera. You should notice the STM motor on this lens focuses faster and silently on the subject while the autofocus found on the old USM version is very clunky. Besides, the compact, lightweight and the optical image stabilizer up to 3.5 are the benefits of this product.
You completely can shoot the very sharp image of far away objects even when handling. Movie Servo AF allows adjusting the smooth, quiet and continuous focus. EF 55-250mm and f4-5.6 IS STM of this model can reduce the chromatic aberration and help to reach the great image quality with the contract and high resolution. The design with seven blade circular aperture brings beautiful and soft backgrounds and the zoom system provides a maximum magnification of 0.29 at the telephoto end plus to the minimum focusing distance of 2.79. In my opinion, this is the best telephoto lens for Canon 70D this 2017.
- Affordable price
- Picture is sharp with the vivid colors
- Taking the clear movie so it is the best lens for video shooting
- Fast autofocus
- Have no internal zoom
- Do not perform with low light condition
4. Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM telephoto lens
About this product, have nothing to discuss much with the optical quality as well as the duration. This lens produces the sharp photos and videos throughout its zoom range and focuses accurately and very fast. Besides, you absolutely are satisfied with f/4.5 – 5.6 maximum aperture, 3 stops image stabilizer to reduce shaking and ring type ultrasonic monitor.
This lens with full frame is extremely great for Canon 70D cameras the best prime lens for Canon 70D, with the development to catch up with the high demand of professional photographers. EF 70-300mm f4; 5. 6 IS USM, this movement allows the shutter speeds up to 3 stops without the perceptible increase in image blur. Additional, it also provides 2-mode IS for taking the immobile objects. I can’t leave this items out of list best lens for Canon 70D 2017 with these amazing function.
- Great optical quality
- Comes with 1-year warranty for the quality
- Recommended as the best lens for, concert close up photography
- Including the lens hood and the lens pouch in accessories
- Great flash
- Autofocus is extremely fast
- It is protected when traveling by the zoom lock
- The price is quite expensive
- There are some distortions at the end
- You can get trouble to fine tune with zoom
- Hard to focus at maximum or minimum zoom
5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera portrait Lens
There are the huge amount of customer spend their consideration on this product not only due to its quality but also its affordable price and small size. With 80mm equivalent focal length, it is the great suggestion for Canon APS-C cameras like D70. It was equipped the micro motor type AF motor, and it has f 1.8 maximum aperture, 50mm focal length, and minimum focus at 0.45m/ 11.72 inches.
It can produce the very sharp picture and video condition, and it also is the fast lens due to f1.8 maximum aperture. This lens is the perfect choice for low light indoor photography and portrait. Based on the quality and price, it is suitable for those who have the average income and the beginners. You should find out carefully before deciding with this lens. If you are finding the best lens for Canon 70D portrait, you can miss this choice.
- It is very sharp and quick to autofocus
- Being easy to handle and it is lightweight.
- Being a good lens for price but still, create the fantastic image
- Easy to set up and use so will be the suitable selection for new photographers
- Showing the intense depth of field
- It has plastic build
- Small filter does not rotate
- Lens not zoomable
6. Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM portrait Lens
This lens is famous for the super high quality with the 1-year warranty and the full of spectacular features that you will be surprised. Also being a wide angle zoom lens 17-55mm with the maximum aperture is f/2.8 and closest focusing distance about 1.15 feet. Filter size up to 77mm, it comes with full-time manual AF and especially 19 elements in 12 groups.
It works well in every condition even the low light with excellent sharpness, fast autofocus, and minimal distortion. This mode is very appropriate with discerning enthusiasts. It offers the wide capability along with perfect portraiture. The huge circular aperture makes a shallow depth of field creating the blurred background, and it also can get the crisp picture even in the dim light.
- Impressive low light performance for the portrait lens
- No internal dust so far
- Perfect zoom ring position and size
- Great autofocus
- Amazing shots along with the nice Bokeh
- Shooting the nice portraits
- The cost is not cheap
- It is quite heavy
- Plastic construction
- Have no lens hood
- Pretty poor zoom feel grabs between 23 to 35mm
7. Canon EF-S 18-55mm IS STM Kit lens
This lens is quite interesting with 18-55mm focal length and f1.3; 5-5.6 IS STM lens. Besides, it also designs for Canon APS-C camera with 28.8 -88, equivalent focal length. Especially, optical image stabilizer system and the offering equivalent of 4 stops of compensation make it more wonderful.
STM make the difference for this model; it results in quiet and smooth autofocus that works greater than the USM motor for video. This is the compact and lightweight lens and thanks to AF and image stabilization it becomes the best lens for Canon 70D video shooting. It can optimize lens coatings to ensure the exceptional color balance while decreasing the ghosting and flare.
- A high-speed CPU
- Have the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS cameras
- The compact six-group zoom system.
- Ideal video quality
- The autofocus is very smooth
- Quite cheap
- This is similar to a best macro lens for Canon 70D so great for taking landscapes
- Sometimes distortion at the wide end
- The top corners of lens are too soft
- Visible chromatic aberration
8. Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Kit Lens
This lens absolutely makes you surprised because it exceeds your imagination for videos and photos as well. It comes with the image stabilization system that brings four equivalent stops of shake correction and offers the maximum magnification of 0.28 at the telephoto end with the compact size. This lens also supports the Movie Servo AF feature for quiet and smooth continuous AF throughout movie shooting by using 6 group of zoom system.
This lens also has the IS feature that use the wide picture stabilization to support for ensuring steady video when you shoot with moving. Lean on the inner focusing system, optimized AF, and the high-speed CPU; high-speed autofocus can be archived. It also super sharp, quiet and has the continued feature live autofocus for shooting videos. Take some consideration if you need a best lens for Canon 70D for video shooting.[/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- The affordable cost is suitable for your budget and the high quality of the feature.
- Four stops of photo stabilization
- Vey minor chromatic aberration
- Wide focusing ring with full-time manual
- This lens has the great build so that it will stay with you for long without any problem
- Very fast focusing, great for video shooting
- STM stepping motor technology for silent.
- Decreases to f5.6 quickly on zooming
- Several distortions at the end
- The lens is not really bright
Notice When Selecting Best Lens For Canon 70D
There are several factors that you need to consider before you make your decision to buy lenses for your 70D.
Firstly, you have to think about the lens compatibility, normally 70D will accept EF-S and the old EF model.
Secondly, about the focal length and the crop factor, it affects the depth of field and the distance from that focus appears sharp. There are some kinds of focal lenses like wide angle, telephoto or kit.
Besides, you should care about the prime versus zoom lenses, with the zoom lens you can get the range of focal lengths in just one unit.
Last but not least, the aperture range, by adjusting it you can control the amount of light that so through the lens to the image sensor.
Through this article, I want to provide some information of the best lenses for your 70D camera. Selecting the best lens for Canon 70D will become really easy if you try to find out about it enough and truly love photography. I hope that after reading this page, you can be completely confident and have no hesitate to make your own selection.