Are you thinking about buying your very first 360 camera camera? If your answer is ‘‘YES’then you’ll find this chapter extremely useful. In this part, I’m going to show you what you should consider prior to purchasing your 360 camera camera. This way, you will know exactly what you’re going to look for and end up with a device that’s perfect for you and fits all your needs.
Why you should buy a 360 camera camera?
Before I list the things to consider when buying this 360 camera, I’m going to name various reasons why this camera is perfect for you. If you’re still debating whether to buy a regular mirrorless camera or a 360 camera, then this will help you make up your mind. You’re welcome. Reasons to opt for 360 camera are:
- Greater image quality7 – as I’ve already mentioned, photos captured with this camera have better quality, clarity, and bigger format.
- Adaptability – these cameras have the amazing ability7 to switch between lenses and to change them however you see fit for some particular photo you’re about to take. This takes you to a whole new level of photography.
- Speed – 360 camera’s are fast when it comes to focusing, start up, shutter lag, etc. Since we all want fast “machinery”, this type of camera is perfect for you.
- Optical viewfinder – I have already mentioned that this is one of the major differences between mirrorless cameras and 360 camera’s. The optical viewfinder enables you to see a scene as it is, not as it should be. Viewing a scene in all its nature is extremely important for photographers.
- Most 360 camera’s offer various ISO This means they are more flexible than mirrorless cameras in taking photos in different conditions.
- 360 camera cameras are designed bearing in mind that people who use them want to have full control over different settings. Although there are some auto setups, etc., photographers are still able to manually set up different effects and features before they take the photo. For the ease of use, manual setup buttons are located at your fingertips. Why is this important? It’s important because it gives you the freedom to capture some scene, object, or person according to your own vision. You also have the ability7 to set up lighting and other effects that will truly depict your vision in the best possible way.
- 360 camera’s aren’t updated as often as regular cameras. This means that they will retain their value for a longer period of time. Furthermore, once you buy lenses for the camera, they are still going to be compatible with other cameras in case you opt to upgrade your device later on. What does this mean? It means that when you invest your money in such a device, that money isn’t wasted.
- Versatility should be the second name for a 360 camera camera. They offer a wide array of effects and features including depth of field.
And now it’s time to see what you should consider when buying a 360 camera camera. Follow the tips below to narrow down your choice, and select the perfect equipment to take amazing photos. You need to understand the differences between a 360 cam and a normal one.
When thinking about buying a 360 camera camera, it’s good to start with the price. Ideally, you should determine your budget, i.e. how much money you can safely spend on this piece of equipment without affecting other expenses. Also, setting the budget
first will help you narrow down your choice at the very beginning, as you can eliminate all devices that are too expensive. Although 360 camera’s are pricier than “ordinary” cameras, you should bear in mind that their price varies and you are still able to find a perfect device for your budget.
In order to get the best value for your money, you should do a little research, as there are many special offers where you can get a camera bag for free and some deals also include kit lenses. This is quite useful.
When buying your first 360 camera camera, chances are high that you’re going to do it in the store. The reason is simple. You can see the devices with your own eyes and consult employees about the best model. Now, when you step into the store and say you’d like to buy a 360 camera (or any other type of camera for that matter), the employee will ask you what type of photography you plan to take or else you may take your current camera. Purpose matters a lot in the selection of the ideal camera. Therefore, if s definitely worth it to ask yourself that question before you actually go to the store or order one online. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you going to use the camera to capture “life”?
- Do you need the camera for travel?
- Do you need a camera that will be able to withstand different environmental conditions if you have the intention to capture nature?
- Low light photography or macro photography?
Think realistically and look for a device that will correspond to the types of photos you take (and are going to take) the most. When you determine the purpose, you can either browse for cameras that will fit that type of photo or you can head to the nearest store and see what they will recommend.
Yes, we have already established that 360 camera’s are bigger than “regular” cameras, but they’re not all created the same; their sizes vary as well. For instance, if you need to buy a camera that will take photos while you’re on the go, then smaller or lighter models would suit you better than bigger and heavier ones.
How many megapixels does it have? Let’s be
honest now; how many times have you asked someone that question? And, how many times has someone asked you the same regarding your phone or camera? Although megapixels can oftentimes be over-emphasized, it’s still something you should consider. Generally, 360 camera cameras have high photo resolution and are better than mirrorless devices in terms of quality. However, there are different manufacturers and models, meaning their resolutions vary as well. Ideally, you should think about what you’re going to do with images you capture. For example, if you’re going to print enlargements, then the higher the resolution, the better, but if you are going to print images in smaller sizes or share them via email or social media, then you don’t really have to put much thought into this.
Ease of use
Not everyone is a professional and that’s perfectly fine. Before you make that final purchase, you should consider the ease of use first. Read the manufacturer’s official website along with user reviews, etc. Is the device easy to use? Let’s face it; even professionals don’t have too much time on working things out. They need their equipment to be versatile and practical and the same goes with other people like aspiring photographers, etc. Do you really want to buy a camera that’s complicated to use and will require days or weeks of exploring, browsing, and doing other actions just to figure out how simple things work? Ideally, you should get the camera that offers a variety of features and effects, has a durable battery, and should be very easy touse.
So far, you’ve learned the difference between 360 camera and mirrorless cameras, why you should buy a 360 camera camera, and what to consider before you purchase. Now you’re ready for action! The next chapter will show you what features your 360 camera camera offers.